Basmati rice is one of my favorite ways to get bone broth into my diet. I just can’t sip it out of a mug. But what makes this recipe even better is it can be made in 5-minutes!
As I was healing from gut dysbiosis, basmati rice was an easy source of carbohydrates for me. Rice gives you a nice base for your meals! Plus, it can take on the flavors of any meal you have.
The type of rice I always recommend is organic and possibly sprouted. Some sprouted grains are quinoa, barley, millet, oats for example. The only rice I have found to be sprouted is brown rice.
What makes sprouted grains different is the sprouting processes to break down the endosperm. This reduces the starches which can make them easier to digest.
Another way I make it easier for my body to digest is with bone broth. Trader Joe’s bone broth is my favorite. It is super gelatinous and it is only $5.99 a package!
Some great ways to incorporate more bone broth is in slow-cooked meats, soups, braised vegetables, smoothies, and more!
You can use any type of rice and/or bone broth! The beef broth would be just as delicious!
5-Minute Bone Broth Basmati Rice
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 cup Chicken Bone Broth (or any flavor you’d like)
- 1/4 cup Filtered Water
- Salt and Pepper
- Pour the rice into a strainer (where the rice won’t fall through) and rinse until the water runs clear.
- Put the rice into the Instant Pot and pour in the liquid.
- Attach the lid, and put it on “pressure cook” and set to “high”.
- Set the instant pot for 5-minutes
- Naturally release it once done
- Put the salt and pepper in and mix.
This will last in the fridge for about 4-5 days. A pro tip here is to eat it cold for a source of resistant starch!
Thank youu so much for reading and I would love for you to share this with others! Also, I’d love to see your creations on Instagram too!
**This is not sponsored. This is all my own opinions 🙂