Energy bites are a staple in my diet, especially as a commuter. I will admit I do snack as I drive, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. The classic turtle candy inspires these pecan bites. If you don’t know what a turtle is, it is pecans covered in caramel and chocolate. They’re addictive!
Also, what is great about these pecan bites is they’re super simple to make! All you do is through them into a food processor, measure into balls, and boom, pecan bites! As you know, I love learning about the benefits of the ingredients I use, so we have a couple of stars in this recipe. The first is the pecan!
The pecans are what naturally give these pecan bites that caramel flavor. However, pecans are also known for protecting the heart. It helps to reduce our LDL or Low-Density Lipoprotein. It is also known as bad cholesterol. Also, it is an antioxidant similar to our next star.
Cacao powder is the unprocessed version of cocoa powder. It has a powerful flavor, which means a little goes a long way. Since it is an antioxidant powerhouse, it is also a good source of iron and calcium! These are two common deficiencies people have! I hope you are pulling out your food processor to make this meal!
Pecan Cacao Energy Bites
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1 cup Medjool Dates (Pits Removed)
- 4 tbsp Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- Place the nuts and dates in the food processor + blend till you get a crumbly texture.
- Add in the almond butter + salt and blend.
- Place the mixture into the fridge to firm for 5-minutes.
- Place the cacao powder on a plate + remove the mixture from the fridge.
- Roll 1 tbsp amounts into balls + roll around in the cacao powder.
- Store in a glass jar + place in the fridge.
My favorite way to store these energy bites is in mason jars, or I have heard great things about Stasher bags.
I’d love it for you to share this with friends and family looking for a super simple snack to make! Plus, I love seeing your creations on Instagram!