As a kid, chicken noodle soup was always my go-to with saltine crackers. Now being gluten-free it is SO HARD to find soup that aren’t full of gluten or sugar. Can someone please tell me why there is sugar in soup?
This lead me to create my own gluten-free chicken noodle soup! You get more servings and you know exactly what is in it. What you’ll love about this recipe is you place all the ingredients in a crockpot.
The broth is a mix of chicken bone broth and regular chicken broth. You can easily swap out the vegetable broth for more bone broth! I just think it adds more flavor if you know what I mean. The I love bone broth is it is full of collagen for healthy skin, hair, and nails.
Just wait…bone broth is also what makes this chicken noodle soup an immune boosting powerhouse! By healing your gut, it also helps our immune response. Our digestive track is where 70-80% of immune tissue is. You can see why your gut is so important for digestion, but for immunity and mood!
Other superfoods in this soup are garlic, turmeric, and ginger to not only help the gut but prevent that nasty cold everyone has! Feel free to increase or decrease those spices depending on your health needs. This soup pairs deliciously with leftover gut healing shredded chicken or roasted chicken thighs!
Delicious and Warming Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 Chicken Breasts (large)
- 5 Celery Sticks
- 6 Carrots
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 cups Regular Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- 3/4 tsp Dried Sage
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Tumeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 cups Gluten Free Pasta (or omit to be 100% paleo)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Whip out either your crockpot or instant pot and place the chicken breasts on the bottom.
- Lather it with the avocado oil.
- Next place all vegetables into the pot once they’ve been chopped into uniform pieces.
- Pour in all of the broth and jump in all the seasoning besides the salt and pepper.
- Have the crockpot/instant go low and slow for 8 hours.
- In the last 10-minutes or so add the pasta if you are using.
- Once the soup is done, season it with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Store in the fridge for 4-5 days or store in mason jars in the freezer.
You can’t go wrong with this chicken noodle soup! I love to make a batch and store in mason jars in the freezer for whenever I have a craving. This soup is bomb with either Simple Mills rosemary or black pepper crackers. Hands down the best combo!
Be sure to share this with your friends, family, or any looking for an easy breakfast idea! I’d love to see your creations of this recipe on Instagram too!