No one can turn down a brownie, especially when it is a fudgy one. This has got to be one of my favorite desserts, especially as a kid. I remember when I drizzled peanut butter on a batch as a kid, and it shook me. It was too damn good, but these are better! Paleo fudge brownies are better than your favorite mix.
Many paleo recipes use either avocado or nut butter to create that fudge texture. I wanted to do something different as avocados are high FODMAP, and not everyone can tolerate a lot of nut butter. Using a freshly roasted sweet potato is key!
When it comes to the sweet potato is, it also adds sweetness, especially if you cook it for a solid hour. Also, pro-tip, after removing the skin, spread some nut butter on it for a quick snack (you won’t regret it)! What you’ll love about these brownies is they’re super easy to make, and you can have them in your freezer all the time.
If you are a fan of a more cake-like brownie, check out these thicc coconut flour brownie! Either way, you can’t go wrong with a paleo brownie, in my opinion. Let’s cut into this recipe!
Melt in Your Mouth Fudge Brownies
These brownies are ultra fudgy and contain a sneaky vegetable.
- 1 cup Sweet Potato (Mashed)
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8×8 pan.
- In the mixture, add in the mashed sweet potato, almond butter, and maple syrup and mix until combined,
- Add the egg to the mixture and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, add cacao powder, baking soda, salt, and coconut flour and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until a batter is formed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and then pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, and remember they will be gooey!
- Let the brownie cool before cutting.
- Store in the freezer or fridge!
I’d love love love it if you’d share this paleo fudge brownies recipe with any who loves dessert (which is pretty much everyone)! Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you enjoy it!
Be sure to share this recipe with family and friends who are looking for an easy dessert! I’d also love to see your creations on Instagram too!