I feel that the coconut macaroon doesn’t get much credit in the cookie department. However, these golden macaroons will be a game changer for you.
If you have ever had toasted coconut or toasted coconut butter, it is the best thing you ever had. I wanted to incorporate that flavor into these macaroons.
This recipe has no refined sugars and can easily be made sugar-free! When I first made these it was like hockey pucks, but I wanted to have a macaroon so badly. The trick is to leave them a little under done to keep the outside crispy and the inside soft.
You don’t have to dip them in chocolate (just kidding you need to because everything tastes better with chocolate). I like to store these in the freezer, but they can be stored in the fridge or on the counter if being served the same day.
Golden Coconut Macaroons
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup*
- 2 Egg Whites
Chocolate Dip Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate**
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fehrenit and place your shredded coconut on a baking sheet.
- Once preheated, bake for between 5-7 minutes, but keep an eye on them (I do 2-minute intervals, stir, bake again until golden)
- Let the toasted coconut cool, and add the liquid ingredients into a separate bowl.
- Whisk together the melted coconut oil, egg whites, and maple syrup until combined.
- Add the almond flour and cooled toasted coconut to the liquid mixture to form a dough.
- Store in the fridge for 10-20 minutes to firm the dough up.
- Use a cookie scoop to plop them on the baking sheet to bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool once out of the oven.
Chocolate Dip Instructions
- Add your chocolate and coconut oil to a bowl and microwave for 20-second intervals.
- Once the chocolate has melted some, stir until a smooth dip is formed.
- Take a macaroon at a time and did the bottoms in the chocolate and put back on the baking sheet.
- Pop the chocolate dipped macaroons into the freezer to firm up the chocolate.
- Enjoy on top of smoothies, snacks, and so much more!
*To keep it sugar-free, replace the maple syrup with coconut butter.
**To keep it sugar-free, replace the chocolate with 100% dark chocolate (i.e. Pascha)
I hope you love this macaroons and definitely make them for your 4th of July celebration! They’re super easy to whip up and store in the fridge the day before the party.
Be sure to share this with your friends, family, or any looking for an easy dessert idea! I’d love to see your creations of this recipe on Instagram too!