You cannot go wrong with this sweet potato bread. When I first made it I ate half of the loaf myself its that good! This is a spin off from the chocolate tahini zucchini bread that you can check out here.
I was in the mood for baking a thought to myself, there has to be a way to make sweet potato into a dessert. You can simple add nut butter to a roasted sweet potato, but I’m talking baked goods. I love myself a good baked good.
What I love about this recipe is that everyone will enjoy it. There is enough sweetness to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth. Or if you’re like me you cut the loaf in half and save a whole half for yourself in the freezer…
Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Bread
A decadent sweet potato baked bread that’s paleo-friendly and low sugar!
- 1/2 cup Mashed Sweet Potato (Roasted and Skin Removed)
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 2.5 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2.5 tbsp Almond Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (EnjoyLife )
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients (besides the dark chocolate chips) in a large bowl until combined.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
- Pour the wet into the dry and mix until a batter forms.
- Stir in the dark chocolate chips and then pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes and let cool (10-15 minutes) before slicing.
- Store in the fridge or freezer!
If you want to make it more decadent, mix 1 cup of dark chocolate with 2 tsp of coconut oil and heat up in the microwave in 15-seconds intervals. Drizzle the chocolate over the top and let it set in the fridge for 20-minutes!
Some other great ways to enjoy this bread is toasting it in the toaster oven, adding any type of nut butter, and pairing it with a cup of tea. You really can’t go wrong! I’d love it if you’d try this recipe out or share it with anyone who loves sweet.