Who doesn’t love a good brownie? Just like my dad, we love our brownies! I don’t know if I just had these as a kid, but this brand used to make this dessert kit. It was similar to Lunchables, in which you got a brownie, frosting, and sprinkles. Those brownies were my ride or die snacks!
However, now that I know a lot more about nutrition, we all know those weren’t real brownies. Instead, of making a regular gluten-free boxed mix, I wanted to get fancy!
What I love about these brownies is you can serve them for a group of people or simply when you want a sweet treat. It is full of healthy fats from the eggs, almond butter, and coconut oil. Also, there is a secret superfood that adds extra benefits (can you guess what it is?).
To make these brownies even more decadent, I will chop up some cashew cups and throw them on top. They also taste delicious swirled into the batter too!
Thicc Coconut Flour Brownies
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cacao Powder
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Salt
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8×8 pan.
- Turn a stove burner on low and add your coconut oil, almond butter, and cacao powder in a saucepan.
- Gentle heat until fully melted and smooth, remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, place the rest of the dry ingredients (coconut flour, salt, and baking soda) and mix.
- Next add in the eggs, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Then slowly pour and mix the chocolate mixture into the ingredients and continue to mix until smooth.
- Pour into your greased pan and smooth out any uneven edges.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes and use a toothpick in the center to ensure it is done.
- Cool completely before adding chocolate ganache* and then place in the fridge to harden the chocolate + cut into 12 brownies!
Notes: Let cool completely before cutting and storing in a container!
For the chocolate ganache simple place your choice of chocolate chips into a bowl with a tbsp of coconut oil. Put in a microwave (or double boiler if you’re fancy) and cook in 15-20 second increments. Stir till all chocolate is melted and smooth. Then drizzle all over your brownies and place leftover chocolate in the fridge!
Be sure to share this with your friends, family, or any looking for an easy dessert idea! I’d love to see your creations of this recipe on Instagram too!